Sayings of others you wish you had said.
1. “I invested my life in institutions, and all I have left is myself.” George Smiley in Smileys’ People by John Le Carre
2. “The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity… and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.” ― William Blake
“Stay calm, be courageous, wait for signs.” From “Longmire” by Craig Johnson
“Be cautious, practice carefully, and clarify your Dharma eye.” Keizan Jokin in Transmitting the Light
Submissions by Renshin Verkuilen
3. Whatever you do will be insignificant, and it is very important that you do it. – Mahatma Gandhi submitted by Nick Spyrison
4. “The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change.” AND “It is in changing that we find purpose.” ― Heraclitus submitted by Jeff Nytes
5. Dōgen, David, Dewey, Dick, and Henry – Download – submitted by Taizen Verkuilen
6. “…wildness is process. It’s just a name for the process of the impermanence and constant flow of change of phenomena, as constantly going on without human intervention. That is wild process.” —Gary Snyder, Nobody Home
“Attention without feeling, I began to learn, is only a report. An openness — an empathy — was necessary if the attention was to matter.”–Mary Oliver, submitted by David McKee
7. “The problem you have with bowing is precisely the problem that bowing dispels.” Renshin Verkuilen submitted by Taizen Verkuilen
8. Collected Quotes submitted by Renshin Verkuilen – Download
9. An old Cherokee told his grandson:
“My son, there’s a battle between two wolves inside us all.
One is Evil. It’s anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
The other is Good. It’s joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness & truth.”
The boy thought about it and asked:
“Grandfather, which wolf wins?”
The old man quietly replied:
“The one you feed.”